Resources and Research Index
- Your brutally honest road map to getting published. 25 Steps to being published from Delilah S. Dawson.
- Good Basic Starter Page for everything you could want, from Writers Helping Writers.
- Directory of reviewers for indie publishers.
- Top 100 Writing Blogs from Feedspot, updated once a week using Feedspot’s search/social metrics.
- Fantastic resource for describing your characters who have dark skin, without resorting to “coffee” or “chocolate” from the blog Writing With Color.
- Legitimate writing contests that pay winners, list curated by The Write Life.
- http://queryshark.blogspot.com/ Janet Reid takes big, educational bites out of queries.
- http://absolutewrite.com/. Query Letter Hell-when Janet isn’t mean enough.
- Writer’s Digest take on query letters.
- Jane Friedman’s take on query letters.
- Actual successful query letters from AgentQuery Connect. You don’t have to be a member to read the entries, but signing up is a good idea if you’re querying.
- Publisher’s, Agents & Querying from the Insecure Writer’s Support Group. The most complete listing of this type I’ve found, highly recommend.
- Choosing your POV and tips to combat head-hopping from Julianne Johnson.
- Hemingway Editing app highlights all (I mean all) your errors including grammar and readability. Paid and free versions.
- Index of Romance Tropes to inspire you, from Mindy Klasky.
- Randy Ingermanson’s take on head hopping (The author of “Writing Fiction for Dummies”)
- Jerry Jenkins fabulous examples in Showing vs. Telling: What you Need to Know.
- Different Plot Outlines Free downloads from Writer’s Digest.
- Outlines, Characterization and Plotting Different free downloads for plotting & character from Duolit
- http://writershelpingwriters.net/ Everything. Just everything. Search what you need.
- Writer’s Toolbox from a Writer’s Path. Fairly random and covers a lot.
- Nina Amir’s list of 20 Things Aspiring and Published Authors Can Blog About from the site Write Fiction Now.com.
- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/11/book-charities-that-help-kids_n_6817484.html. Find a way to give back with your old books.
- 100 Best Romances from NPR reader voted bests in several genres.
- Dear Author reviews for your own book, recommendations and best-of lists from readers.
- Top 25 Romance Blogs from Author Marketing Club.com-for reviews or blog tours of your book. The list hasn’t been updated in a while, use caution.